Thursday, March 3, 2011

The long awaited update

First of all, let me apologize for the extreme length of time that has passsed since my last entry. When i started this up, I had decided that it would be an every day to two for updates. Well, as you can tell it's been MANY of those.

First of all an update as to what has been going on in my life.

Work is good. It is physical inventory time which makes everyone VERY cranky in our department. We have to go and physically check every piece of equipment in the Entire College of Education building. Some people don't mind it, and others, well, lets just say they can be a bit on the extreme side of Cranky.

Dad Passed in December and we had his memorial in early February to allow family members to make it in from all ends of the continent. It was short, simple and to the point which is what Dad would have wanted.

Personal life, well lets just say interesting and move to the main portion of my entry.

One of my biggest fears in life is that I'm going to become that cranky, white haired old man that everyone is afraid of with the cane and or walker that bites everyone head off. Turns out (Unfortunately) that I'm well down the road of the Cranky and negative path. Part of the reason that I hadn't updated this blog is that it seemed to me that most everything in my life was heading the way of the dumpster.

You could say something like "It's a beautiful day out" and I would find some way to interpret it as meaning that you hated my guts and didn't want me around. It got so bad that it began to affect my job and my personal relationships. I'm not afraid to admit this... I've started to see a counselor to help me work through some of the negative things I've been dealing with. I fell like I've made some progression and some of the people I am closest to are noticing a difference. That makes me happy.

The kicker of this is that the other day, I had a friend call me and asked me to simply talk positive with her for 10 minutes. She had had a very rough day and was needing to hear some good. I was stumped. What in the world did I have to be happy about? I'd had a bad day and wasn't feeling well. It was a long rough 10 minutes for me, but we made it through. Right then and there I decided I've had enough with the negative and I'm looking for the positive.

I had a real doozy with this the other day when I went downstairs to the Lounge and went to get my lunch. Turns out, someone was hungry and decided they needed it more than I did. There was my negative moment that I needed to turn into a positive. The good thing? I got to walk across the street and get chicken strips which I hadn't had in a while. A bit of fresh air and a short walk ended up making me feel better than I had all day.

Long story short... Every negative has a positive somewhere... you've just got to find it.

Oh, and look for more updates soon.

Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment