Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I've been debating the last few days about what should be next in my blog. I've talked a bit about my anxiety, things I've been doing around the house and that's mostly it.

I decided that I'd just toss out a short update out.

Kitchen is still clean. Longest I've gone without doing any dishes has been overnight. I found a way of making chicken stirfry/fajita meat that I really enjoy. I slice up two small chicken breasts, a medium size onion, and two green bell peppers.

I toss in the veggies with a bit of Extra Virgin olive oil, some crushed garlic, salt and a bit of cracked pepper. I sautee them until they start to get soft. I then toss in the chicken which i also lightly salt and pepper. I cook it until the chicken is done, and the onions are transparent. It comes out pretty good, and the best thing is, i usually have enough leftovers for lunch the next day. It goes real good with re-fried beans!

The budget is coming along. I'm REALLY focusing on cooking more at the house and not going out. I figured it up last month and I'm ASHAMED at how much I've been spending on going out to get my sandwiches instead of making them myself. Although, that wheat bread from Jimmy Johns is pretty amazing.

I'm down to 197 pounds from 250 in December. I lost a lot of weight without really knowing why, and that, in addition to some other things lead to my Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis. When I was diagnosed, I weighed in around 225, so I've managed to keep losing, albeit at a much slower rate. I'm eating healthier, and drinking only Diet drinks and water, so that's helping. I've had maybe three regular sodas since the diagnosis, and they are so sweet, they actually make me ill. I only use them as a last resort when my sugar is low, or if there is nothing else around to drink and I need the caffeine. Coffee and I do not agree, so I tend to avoid it. I never really understood before now, why the Ladies like to have their weight loss noticed, but after having several Ladies who have known me for a while tell me I look so much better with the weight loss, I can tell you. They like it because it feels so DAMN good!

Oh yeah, saw the Dr, and he said my A1C came back good enough to only see me every 6 months now. I'm still waiting on the paperwork with the actual numbers, but I was pretty stoked at hearing it from the office directly.

My anxiety still comes and goes. It's a constant battle, but after having seen a major improvement over the past few weeks with only a couple of setbacks, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

It the realm of fun things, one of my friends on Facebook is a graphic designer and has created a deck of photographic playing cards. he has put the project up on kickstarter, and I'd really appreciate it you'd go over and take a look. Even if you don't back it, feel free to pass the word along to your card playing friends. It's a high quality product and I can't wait to get mine!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pmkane/foto-grafis-a-photographic-twist-on-playing-cards?ref=live

Thanks for Listening, children! (Bonus points to whomever gets the reference in this sentence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment