Thursday, July 7, 2011

Interesting!

So it seems that demons do not like it when you decide that you are going to cast them out and away.

Reason I say this is that in the past three days since I've decided to make a serious honest effort at making changes in my life, I have been more seriously depressed than I have been in years.

The past three mornings I have gotten up so depressed it took everything I had to get ready for work, drive to work and walk across campus. It was also so bad, it took everything I had to get home, and just function as a basic human being. I wanted to be in bed, alone, so no one could see me or say anything to me about it. Life just generally sucked. Eating? meh. Overrated. Getting out and doing things? meh. Overrated. Being with friends? Forget about it. Watching a Star Wars movie? meh... overrated (And that is saying A LOT all things considered)

My friends and coworkers took notice. More than one pulled me off to the side to ask what was bugging me. One of them simply took a look at me and said that she had never seen me that upset before and wanted to know what she could do to help. Some of them sympathised and others told me simply basic things to try and cheer me up.

I'm not loking for a pity party. I'm also not acting out for attention. I'm simply fighting a war, and I've lost the last three days worth of battles. I am depressed, and that demon does not want to go away easily. They say the first step to recovery is admission right? Well, I've taken one step and put my other foot forward.

I'm finally feeling better, I go tomorrow to talk to my counselor and work some things out. It's going to be an interesting day for sure.

I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment