Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ahhhh Crap!

You know, life is full of funny things that can turn out to be great lessons if you let them. For instance... This morning I was walking across campus and had just walked out of the arch under the English building heading toward the Education building. I felt a small tug on my lower right leg. I stopped, thinking I had dropped something. I didn't see anything unusual, so I continued to walk on.

Fast forward to three hours later. I'm crawling around on all fours wiring up the computer lab and I look down. I see this HORRIBLE mess on my lower right leg just above my shoe. I'm trying to figure out what the heck  it is, and it dawns on me... Some stupid constipated pigeon had dropped half his body weight in poop on me and landed square on my leg.

Mildy irritated, I stopped what I was doing and proceeded to the bathroom where I scraped off the still moist bird dropping. (three hours later, it was still moist!! That's how HUGE this dropping was) Feeling totally nasty, I went and told the boss I was going to change clothes over lunch. She asked why and I had to (Not really had to, wanted to!) relay the whole story again. How often do you get hit with a pile of crap and live to tell about it?

Long story short, I went home, changed and then it dawned on me. If I had been walking a SPLIT Second faster, Said poop would not have been on my pant leg. It would have been on my head and all over me. I would have lost time at work because sure as anything, I would have turned right around and gone home to shower. GROSS!

Yes, I got pooped on today, but at least it wasn't a poop shower! Live and Learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment