Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Friday/Weekend Shopping

I decided the other day that I wanted to treat myself to a Wii. Not Just any Wii, but the new limited edition Red Wii with the New Mario brothers Game.

When I went Saturday morning to get it, I managed to talk myself out of it. As the day went on, I found myself thinking about it more and more.

It's only $169... It Comes with 2 games... It's such a pretty shade of red... It'd look good in my room... I could share games with my Brother in law... I could have friends over to play at a party... I have gift Certificates to best Buy...

Long story Short, I went to get it Saturday evening, and they were out of stock. Not a single one in the store. I was BUMMED. I asked if they could check in the back and see if they had one and the rep headed back that direction. In the meantime, I spied someone carrying one around with him. I decided I'd keep an eye on him and see if he took it out.

He put the console down on the shelf  to answer his cell phone and I was tempted to go get it, Walk off and claim the "Posession is nine tenths of the law" line to rationalize it. However, I realized that every time I turned it on or looked at it I'd remember how I got it and end up hating myself for it, so I waited for him to get off the phone and asked him if he was indeed going to buy it. He said he was and that was that.

In the meantime, the sales rep ended up behind the customer service counter helping other people and plain forgot about my wii problem. I wait for a few more minutes hoping deperatly that the rep would come back. Sadly he never did. I watched a few people play the kinect and wished I still had my 360. I was about to walk out when the unimginable happened.

All of a sudden, Mr Cell Phone wii man walked up, tapped me on the shoulder and said he decided he didn't want the wii after all and if I wanted it, he'd give it to me. I WAS FLOORED. You hear so many stories of horrible shopping on Black Friday and the weekend after that I never expected to walk out with a wii after I saw that they were out.

So Mr Cell-phone talking wii giver-upper, I salute you! You Made my day! Every time I play that Wii, I'll think of how you chose to give it to me rather than just putting it on the shelf and walking out. You are a good man, and will live in my memory every time I play.

Speaking of which... it's time to play!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I'm not sure if you've played it or not (but if you're a real gamer, I suspect you have) but Nintendo is re-releasing GoldenEye for the Wii. By all accounts it's just as it was for the N64. I highly recommend you rent/buy it.

    ReplyDelete