Thursday, December 16, 2010

Work

I've been working a lot this past week on one of our computer labs. It's almost vaccation time and i've got this one last thing to get done beofre I can go. The boss initially said it as a joke but I think she means it now when she says I can't gon on vacatio n until the lab is done.

These computers got here on the 8th. I didn't even get to start working on one until the 10th. In order to replace the lab we had to pull all 25 computers, all the cabling, monitors and other equipment that was there as well since we got entire machines monitors included.

Thanks to my coworkers, they got those out pretty fast and I've been working on the cabling and getting the image ready tpo  push onto the other machines. One of the nice little tricks that most non IT people don't generally know about is something called imaging. This is where you take a snapshot of one machines hard drive, and the use it to set up the other idnetical computers. This allows us to spend one day working on one machine and getting it all fixed and ready to go and then use that image to get the other say 24 done in one eight hour day.

Any guesses on what I'm going to be doing tomorrow? I'm gonna be busting my tail to be sure that this gets done before I walk out at 5. It's going to be an interesting day for sure. I'm super tired so i think I'm going to call it a night and curl up with a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment