Saturday, December 4, 2010

What I've learned this week

I'm going to make this a Saturday tradition. A blog that I've read for a while has a weekly What I've learned this week post and I've decided that I'm going to steal just a little bit and do one of my own on Saturdays.

You can read the inspiration (And madness) over at http://nuckingfutsmama.com/ Be warned, This lady can be a little on the ummm risque? side for time to time, but it's always a good laugh.

So in Honor of NuckingFutsMama, here is MY version of "What I learned this week"

1) Driving to work takes longer than 20 minutes if you have to scrape your windows.
2) Blue Man Groups "Rods and Cones" is great for listening when you want to drive fast. Looked down and realized I was doing 80 and moving on up on the freeway coming home.
3) Plans are good, just be prepared to have a wrench thrown in them.
4) Sometimes thinking too much can get you into trouble.
5) Closing your internet down when the boss walks up and asks you a question tends to make it look like you are trying to hide something from them. (For me it simply means I want to give you my undivided attention)
6) Students Gradute and move on
7) *EDIT* Buying a wii and playing Michael Jackson The Experience with your friends equals great youtube footage! However not so great youtube comments SUCK. Video removed, if you want to see you're gonna have to see it in person from now on.
8) I should not be up this late on any day of the week
9) There is such a thing as TOO MUCH sleep
10) *Here is where I defer to the wisdom of NuckingFutsMama and I quote* Despite what I might think, God does not give me more than I can handle.

*EDIT* 11) Holy Cow... Mom was right. Sometimes the best thing I can do is shut up and Listen.

So what important things did YOU learn this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment